- KMG PetroChem LLP presented plans for the development of petrochemistry and gas chemistry in Kazakhstan at the ENERGY TRENDS: Gas & Petrochemicals conference (News) 2023-10-27
- A Memorandum of Cooperation was signed between KMG PetroChem LLP and Saken Seifullin Kazakh Agrotechnical Research University (News) 2023-10-23
- KazMunayGas and Sinopec plan to produce polyethylene terephthalate in Atyrau (News) 2023-10-17
- Sinopec entered the Project on construction of Polyethylene Plant (News) 2023-10-17
- NC KazMunayGas JSC and Linde GmbH Signed a Memorandum of Understanding (News) 2023-09-29
- KMG PetroChem LLP presented plans for the development of petrochemical industry in Kazakhstan at the 10th Anniversary Globuc Conference (News) 2023-09-14
- Published: 20 June 2023
A round table discussion was held in Atyrau on the subject of Environmental Dialogue: Environmental Research on the Project of Terephthalic Acid and Polyethylene Terephthalate Plant in Atyrau.
The participants of the round table are representatives of the public, deputies of the regional and city maslikhats, and scientists in the field of environmental protection.
The purpose of the round table is to present the Terephthalic Acid /PET Project and to discuss the possible location of the future plant.
During the round table KMG PetroChem LLP shared information about its proposed activity, possible location data, the expected environmental impacts of the proposed activity and the analysis of changes in the environment and socio-economic environment and presented a complex assessment of anticipated environmental changes because of production activities.
KMG PetroChem representatives explained that the Terephthalic Acid /PET project was included in the KMG’s portfolio as a prospective project by the decision of the Investment Committee.
Assessment phase is currently on. Environmental and marketing studies have been carried out. Pre-identified suppliers of license technologies for Terephthalic Acid and PET.
For reference: PET is one of the most marketable polymers. It has high mechanical strength and shock resistance, resistant to abrasion and multiple strains during stretching and bending, is not exposed to water. The material is not affected by organic solvents, its working temperature range from -40°C to +60°C.
The application of PET is very wide: Plastic packaging for beverages, food packaging, fabrics, technical threads, X-ray and video film, automotive components and medical products are produced.
At Assessment phase completion we will determine the time frame, production capacity, location, and project cost.
The implementation of the Terephthalic Acid /PET project is a continuation of the Kazakhstan petrochemical industry development by the extension of the process chain based on the feedstock (paraxylene).
The Terephthalic Acid /PET project will have a high positive impact on the socio-economic development of the entire Atyrau region by the creation of additional jobs and investment.
For reference – the speakers
- Diaz Diyanov, KMG PetroChen LLP Deputy Chairman of Management Board on Business Development – Member of Board.
- Yerlan Arapov, Director of Advanced Projects Department.