- KMG PetroChem LLP presented plans for the development of petrochemistry and gas chemistry in Kazakhstan at the ENERGY TRENDS: Gas & Petrochemicals conference (News) 2023-10-27
- A Memorandum of Cooperation was signed between KMG PetroChem LLP and Saken Seifullin Kazakh Agrotechnical Research University (News) 2023-10-23
- KazMunayGas and Sinopec plan to produce polyethylene terephthalate in Atyrau (News) 2023-10-17
- Sinopec entered the Project on construction of Polyethylene Plant (News) 2023-10-17
- NC KazMunayGas JSC and Linde GmbH Signed a Memorandum of Understanding (News) 2023-09-29
- KMG PetroChem LLP presented plans for the development of petrochemical industry in Kazakhstan at the 10th Anniversary Globuc Conference (News) 2023-09-14
- Published: 07 June 2019
On June 7, 2019, a public hearing has been held in Kulsary town on a preliminary environmental impact assessment (Pre-EIA) of the feasibility study for the project “Construction of the first integrated gas and chemical complex in Atyrau region. The second phase (Construction of a gas separation unit and products pipelines).
KLPE LLP (project implementer) initiated the event together with the project developers - KGNT LLP and Kazecoproeject LLP. Designed facilities are located at the territory of a special economic zone "National Industrial Petrochemical Technopark".
This event was attended by the representatives of local executive bodies (Akimat of Zhylyoi region), «United Chemical Company» (UCC), NGOs, Mass media and e.t.c. a Director Zhayik-Caspian center — Sh.Izteleuov was a chairman of the hearings.
The specialists of «KGNT» LLP and «Kazecoproject» LLP have reported about the Project and its expected environmental impact, showed preliminary calculations of the impact of the project on the environment during the construction and commissioning of the facility. So, according to experts, only a small impact on the environment will be observed during the construction period, but the MPC (maximum permissible concentration of harmful substances in the atmosphere) will not be exceeded.
After the presentation termination, questions were asked to the KLPE leadership and the project developers by NGOs, journalists and residents of nearby areas and competent answers were received. Also, the deputy of the Atyrau regional maslikhat A. Seisenov expressed his approval of the project, according to which, the products of the future plant will support domestic small and medium-sized businesses that can purchase finished raw materials in Kazakhstan, and not import it from other countries.
Based on the results of the hearings, the Project on Preliminary Environmental Impact Assessment (Pre-EIA) has been approved by the public and an appropriate protocol has been signed.
KLPE LLP — The owner of 99.9% of the shares is United Chemical Company, 0.01% is Polymer Production LLP. At present, KLPE LLP has been transferred to trust management to “National Company KazMunayGas” JSC, the Kazakhstan national operator for the exploration, production, processing and transportation of hydrocarbons. 100 percent of the shares of “KazMunayGas” JSC NC belongs to “National Welfare Fund“ of Samruk-Kazyna” JSC.
The project "Construction of an integrated gas-chemical complex in Atyrau region — Second phase (polyethylene)" is being developed as part of the GPIID and the state program for the development of the petrochemical industry in the Republic of Kazakhstan. The project is included into the list of strategic investment projects of the Republic of Kazakhstan.